Tired of trying to find a solution for dry or rough skin? The ultra moisturising and nourishing East Cape Mānuka, Jojoba and Lavender oil for Dry Skin from ManukaRX is a simple to use and natural solution. Here are four ways to include the oil blend in your everyday routine.
1. Keep it Simple
The easiest way to use the East Cape Mānuka, Jojoba and Lavender Oil for Dry Skin is to apply a few drops to your face or patches of dry skin morning or night. With clean fingers or a cotton pad, gently rub in the oil and allow it to absorb into the skin before applying other skincare products.
2. Moisturise, Moisturise, Moisturise
Changing your skincare routine dramatically can hurt your skin - just like a new diet or exercise regime, it's best to introduce change gradually and allow your body time to adjust. A simple way to include a new oil into your daily routine is to add a few drops into your usual face or body moisturiser - it will give your skin a healthy boost without causing breakouts.
3. Make it a Mask
Face masks are an easy and fun way to indulge your skin and treat yourself to a little downtime. There's no need to invest in lush, fancy masks (as lovely as they are!) when a quick trip to the pantry can provide you with everything you need.
Here's a quick and easy face mask that uses all-natural ingredients to bestow your skin with a healthy glow.
- Combine 1tbsp honey (mānuka if you have it) with 1/2tsp of turmeric powder. Add a few drops of the East Cape Mānuka, Jojoba and Lavender Oil for Dry Skin and mix well. Turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory abilities, while the oil blend combines ultra moisturising jojoba oil with soothing lavender and the all-around superpowers of Mānuka oil.
- Apply to clean, dry skin. Start with a light, even layer and allow to dry for 10-20 minutes. Rinse well.
- Keep in mind that turmeric has an intense yellow colour and could leave some faint discolouration on your skin. It should fade quickly, but a small amount of yoghurt to the mixture will act as a barrier (plus it has probiotics and skin brightening abilities - make sure it's the plain, unsweetened type; strawberry yoghurt won't have the same effect!)
4. Scrub Away Dry Skin
Scrubs are an excellent way to buff away dead skin cells and allowing your natural glow to shine through. The best thing is they're cheap and easy to make at home. Adding a few drops of East Cape Mānuka, Jojoba and Lavender Oil for Dry Skin to your face or body scrub will help to hydrate your skin while replenishing and protecting.
- For face: Combine 1tsp of white sugar with two drops of water and 2 drops oil. Combine and apply to your clean face in a circular motion. Rinse thoroughly and dry before applying your daily moisturiser or oil. Scrubs are best used once or twice a week, rather than daily.
- For body: Combine 1 cup olive oil or coconut oil with 1 cup of sea salt and a pinch of lemon zest. Add a few drops of East Cape Mānuka, Jojoba and Lavender Oil for Dry Skin. Keep the scrub in the shower and rub a handful in a circular motion.
East Cape Mānuka, Jojoba and Lavender Oil for Dry Skin is one of eight essential oil blends created by ManukaRx. The antibacterial properties of Mānuka Oil help to keep skin clean and free from acne-causing bacteria, while lavender oil soothes and jojoba hydrates and balances your skins natural sebum levels.
Check out our full range of essential oil blends today!