We all know that moisturising is important, but most of us are probably guilty of forgetting now and then. Make moisturiser your friend, and be rewarded by healthy skin.
Here are tips, tricks and lessons on how to choose and use a facial moisturiser.
- Do: Work with your skin type. If you're unsure of your type, cleanse your face, pat it dry and leave it for 30 minutes. Take a good look in the mirror. Is your skin shiny with large pores? That's oily skin, so try to avoid moisturiser that includes oil (like coconut). For skin that's dry in parts, aim for a thicker and more hydrating moisturising cream. This can include oils or butter, like shea or cocoa. For 'normal' skin, keep things basic and neutral. For combination skin, avoid using a moisturiser on the T-zone (nose and forehead). Apply a dry or normal cream to the rest. Most moisturisers are labelled with a target skin-type, so read carefully.
- Do: Do take extra care with acne-prone skin. All skin-types have different needs and this is particularly important for acne-prone skin. Look for a moisturiser that is designed to prevent acne flair-ups, and protect against scaring. ManukaRx Moisturising Face Cream's active ingredient is East Cape Mānuka Oil. Mānuka oil has antibacterial properties which can keep skin clean and clear from acne-causing bacteria, and also aids skin as it repairs and heals.
- Do: Do read the ingredients, especially when choosing a cream for sensitive skin. The fewer ingredients the better, especially if you're interested in keeping skincare as clean and natural as possible.
- Do: Do it! Hydrated skin is happy and healthy skin so moisturise day and night. Make it part of your daily routine. Apply straight after cleansing and before skin dries.
- Don't: Don't be tempted to skip moisturising if you have oily skin. It will have the opposite effect as your skin amps up the oil to avoid becoming dehydrated.
- Don't: Don't forget about sun protection. Look for a moisturiser with at least 30SPF, or include one in your routine.
- Don't: Don't follow your nose. Leave the sweet scents to the body lotions - fragrances are a common irritant for sensitive skin.
- Don't: Don't forget your neck! While there are neck moisturising products, add a minute to your routine and apply moisturiser to your neck and decolletage. You'll thank us later.
The combination of East Cape Mānuka Oil and natural plant-based ingredients in ManukaRx Moisturising Face Cream hydrates and nourishes, leaving you with healthy glowing skin. ManukaRx products are available in select stores, or online.