Manuka oil based products are known to help the control of acne. Here are a few tips and tricks to make the most of this multipurpose essential oil.
Avoiding acne is hard. It’s thought that approximately 85% of teenagers will experience the skin disease at some stage, and many will continue to suffer the effects into their adult life.
While acne can be both physically and emotionally taxing, there are a number of both medical and natural options for treating both the outbreaks and the scars associated with acne.
Manuka sourced from the East Cape of New Zealand is famous for its high levels of triketones. Triketones boosts the oils antibacterial properties making it assist in the prevention of acne.
Manuka oil can be helpful in preventing acne flare-ups and controlling the spread as it has been known to kill the bacteria which are known to cause acne.
Whether you’re looking to incorporate a natural element into your acne skin care regimen or are searching for ideas to help a loved one, here are some tips and tricks for using Manuka Oil for the prevention of acne.
- Make sure your skin is clean and dry. Use ManukaRx Foaming Foaming Cleanse for Acne to completely clean your skin and you’ll be left with soft, clear, lustrous skin. Pat any excess moisture off with a towel.
- Try ManukaRx Acne Oil. While you can make a spot treatment at home (below), why not let us do the work for you? ManukaRx Acne Oil uses a special blend of natural ingredients to aid the prevention of acne, and assist in with scars. While all are are known to to contain healing properties in their own right, the combination of natural active ingredients such as Manuka Oil, Turmeric Oil, Lavender Oil and Jojoba Oil will leave skin glowing and healthy. It’s easy to use - massage 2-3 drops into the affected area morning and night.
- Combine 100% Manuka oil with water or neutral oil such as coconut oil to create a spot-healing balm or cream. Using a 20:1 ratio, mix the ingredients and apply directly to the spot. While you can apply small amounts of Manuka Oil straight on to the spots, it is quite strong so make sure that you apply a patch test to your skin first to make sure there is no reaction.
- Apply at night - this will give your skin the optimum absorption while you sleep.
- Add a few drops of 100% Manuka Oil to your bath water, especially if you suffer from breakouts on your back or chest. The steam will help to open pores and promote control of body acne (try this if you have a cold too!)
- Do not mix pure Manuka oil with your daily moisturiser or facial products. Essential oils are potent, and when misused, they can inflame or irritate the skin. Use Manuka oil as a spot treatment instead.
- Don’t use at the same time as other acne products - acne treatments have strong, active ingredients, and it’s best not to mix them.
- Don’t give up too quickly - good things take time, and this includes taking care of our skin. Incorporating Manuka oil based products into your daily skincare routine will help to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy. However, some forms of acne do require medical treatment, so always see a doctor and seek medical advice should symptoms persist or worsen.
Available online or in select health stores nationwide, ManukaRx products use the very best East Cape Manuka oil to aid a range of ailments, from dry skin and chapped lips and acne to colds and coughs.
Keen to try a free sample of our popular Manuka Ointment?
We ship samples to both NZ & Australia!Get a Sample